Alsi seeds also known as Flax seeds and Linseed is omega-3 fatty acid rich food supplement which is a world’s renowned superfood. Flax seeds are tiny brownish seed packed with micronutrients, vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and healthy cholesterol that help fight several ailments such as, diabetes, heart disease, cancer and is the richest source of plant omega-3 fatty acid. Tablespoon of flax seeds a day is enough to meet your essential, daily nutritional requirement.
Nutritious value of Alsi Seed:
Flax seeds are rich in Omega-3 fatty acid, Dietary Fibers, Proteins, Vitamin B1, Manganese, Magnesium, Phosphorus, Selenium, vitamin B6, Iron, potassium, copper, and zinc.
Health benefits of Alsi Seeds(Flax seeds):
- High Fiber content: Alsi seeds help in increasing nutrient absorption from food in the intestine as it has high fiber content with very low carb value.
- Aids Fat loss: As already mentioned alsi are rich in dietary fibers, it gives a sensation of fullness which eventually leads to low calorie consumption throughout the day and helps in fat loss. Also, they are rich in good fatty acids which reduce puffiness in the body.
- Fights Cancer: Omega 3 fatty acid have anti-carcinogenic properties. High content Omega 3 fatty acid and Lignans present in Alsi helps in fight prostate cancer, colon cancer, and breast cancer. Flax seeds also contain many antioxidants.
- Control Diabetes: Flax seeds are well known for controlling type 2 diabetes (caused due to insulin resistance). Daily intake of flax seeds induces a sensitivity to insulin inside the body which automatically control diabetes level.
- Hair and Skin: Flaxseeds helps in treating pimples, acne, sun sensitivity. It also fights problems like hair fall, dandruff, dry scalp, brittle hair. Only 2 tsp of flax seeds can help get rid of all these problems.
- Cholesterol Balance: Alsi seeds reduces bad cholesterol in the body by trapping fats and cholesterol in the digestive system so that they are unable to be absorbed by the intestine. It also traps bile which is made from cholesterol in the gallbladder which enhances more production of bile and hence reducing cholesterol. This keeps the heart healthy.
- Constipation: High fiber content in Alsi help with constipation problem and cleans your colon naturally.
- Prevent Hot Flushes (Menopause Symptoms): Alsi are rich in lignans and lignans have estrogenic property (female sex hormone).
- Reduces Hypertension
- Great for women’s health
- Controls Hormonal Imbalance
- Protect against Inflammation
- Shields the Heart
How to Use Alsi seeds?
Alsi seeds should not be taken as a whole as these are complex to digest by our digestive system and hence tends to expel out of the body. Also, one should not bake or fry them as this will destroy valuable nutrients present in them.
Alsi seeds can be taken with dishes and meals after grinding them. Grinding is the first step which has to be accomplished before adding them to any dish. Crushed seeds can be added to Energy drinks, smoothies, juices, Dishes, and Salads or can be taken directly with water.
Side effects: Alsi seeds has no such side effects and is been used as a food part since historic times.
Precautions: Pregnant ladies should avoid the use of alsi seeds.