Amla – Indian Gooseberry – Phyllanthus Emblica
Common Names: Amla,Gooseberry, Amalki Dhatri, Amalika, Aamla, Anmole, Nellikka, Aanla, Amlakhi, Nellikkai, Nellikkaai, Aavalaa, Amloki, Usiri, Amala, Olay
Following are the health benefits and advantages of Amla:
1. Daily consumption is generally about 2 – 3 Amla preferably morning time. Amla Candy, the dried form of Amla Fruit in Sugar Syrup can also be consumed (not recommended for diabetic patients).
2. Amla is a Vrishya herb, which means that it boosts all the seven tissues (Dhatus), including the reproductive tissue.
3. It is functional in treating skin diseases.
4. It helps clear pimples and acne.
5. It enriches hair growth and hair pigmentation and strengthens the roots of hair, maintains color.
6. It protects the body from radiation.
7. It helps in chronic cough, child hood, tuberculosis and allergic asthma.
8. Consuming Amla juice with honey is good for improving eyesight.
9. Amla is rich in antibacterial qualities; it helps the body fight better against infection and also builds up your immunity, which makes you more resistant to diseases.
10. Amla stimulate the isolated group of cells that secrete the hormone insulin. Thus it reduces blood sugar in diabetic patient. Amla Juice with a pinch of turmeric twice a day before each meal.
11. It improves body resistance.
12. Dried Amla is an excellent digestive, which can be consumed after meals.
13. It provides nourishment to the nerves.
14. It helps in urinary as well as respiratory problems.
15. It aids in lowering cholesterol and blood sugar levels.
16. It is rich in chromium, which makes it very favorable for diabetics.