Other Names – Cubeb, Cubeb Berries, Cubeba, Cubeba officinalis, Cubèbe, Java Pepper, Kabab Chini, Kankol, Pimienta de Java, Piper cubeba, Poivre Cubèbe, Poivre de Java, Poivre à Queue, Poivrier Cubèbe, Sheetal, Tailed Chubebs, Tailed Pepper
Botanical Name – Piper cubeba
Medicinal Uses –
- It is used in medicines that are used for curing mouth diseases.
- It is used in the preparation of aromatic oils that are used to treat arthritis and relieve joint pain.
- It is used as a stimulant.
- It has the ability to solve diuretic and expectorant problems.
- It is used in the treatment of dysentery, asthma, and leucorrhoea.
- It is widely used as a home remedy for throat infections and also by singers to maintain a clear throat.
- It helps to relieve a sore throat, cough, and rheumatism.
- It is used to treat flatulence and dyspepsia.