Amla – Indian Gooseberry – Phyllanthus Emblica
Other Names: Gooseberry, Amalki Dhatri, Amalika, Aamla, Anmole, Nellikka, Aanla, Amlakhi, Nellikkai, Nellikkaai,
Aavalaa, Amloki, Usiri, Amala, Olay
Health benefits and advantages of Amla:
- Daily consumption is generally about 2 – 3 pieces preferably morning time. Amla Candy, the dried form of Amla Fruit in Sugar Syrup can also be consumed (not recommended for diabetic patients).
- It is a Vrishya herb, which means that it boosts all the seven tissues (Dhatus), including the reproductive tissue.
- It is functional in treating skin diseases.It helps clear pimples and acne.
- Helps clear pimples and acne.
- Enriches hair growth and hair pigmentation and strengthens the roots of hair, maintains color.
- Protects the body from radiation.
- Helps in curing chronic cough, tuberculosis, and allergic asthma.
- Consuming its juice with honey is good for improving eyesight.
- It is rich in antibacterial qualities; it helps the body fight better against infection and also builds up your immunity, which makes you more resistant to diseases.
- Amla stimulates the isolated group of cells that secrete the hormone insulin. Thus it reduces blood sugar in diabetic patient. It’s Juice with a pinch of turmeric twice a day before each meal.
- Improves body resistance.
- Dried Amla is an excellent digestive, which can be consumed after meals.
- Provides nourishment to the nerves.
- Helps in urinary as well as respiratory problems.
- Ads in lowering cholesterol and blood sugar levels.
- It is rich in chromium, which makes it very favorable for diabetics.