Jatamansi for Hairfall and Regrowth
Jatamansi is a herbaceous plant. The roots and rhizomes of this plant are used in Ayurveda for medicinal purposes for ages. Jatamansi oil is helpful in controlling hair fall and boosting hair growth when applied to the scalp.
Jatamansi Benefits (Jatamansi Ke Fayde):
- Epilepsy and Seizures – It has antioxidant and neuroprotective properties that help protect from oxidative cell damage. It helps maintain hormonal balance in the nervous system and also prevents seizures.
- Insomnia – It is a natural remedy to help treat insomnia. It provides a calming effect on the mind and body.
- Boosts Memory – It acts as a restorative agent and is effective in boosting memory improving cognitive as well as learning skills.
- Improves Nerve Functioning – Jatamansi has nerve-enhancing properties. It also helps combat stress, improves cognitive performance, improves stamina, and health.
- Helps in Hair Growth – It contains some powerful extracts which help in promoting hair growth and preventing hair loss. It penetrates deep within hair follicles and provides strength to the roots. It also controls dandruff and makes your hair strong.
- Prevents from Bacterial Infections – It has anti-bacterial properties that help treat infections such as bruises, tetanus, sepsis, cholera, and food poisoning.
How to Use Jatamansi Powder for Balancing Vatta, Pitta, and cough:
- Take ¼ – ½ tablespoon of jatamansi powder.
- You can consume it with lukewarm water or honey.
- Consume it once or twice a day.
How to Make Jatamansi Oil at Home using Jatamansi:
- Take 10-15 pieces of jatamansi and add them to a glass jar.
- Then add half a cup of coconut oil to it.
- After that add 4-5 tablespoons sesame oil/almond oil/castor oil.
- Make sure that jatamansi is fully drowned in oil.
- Cover it with a lid and keep it in sunlight for at least 5-6 days.
- Now Jatamansi oil is ready to use.
- Massage it on your scalp and hair.
Other names of Jatmansi
Spikenard – nard – nardo – muskroot