Shikakai – Acacia Concinna
Shikakai is a natural conditioner. It makes dull and dry hairs look super shiny. Even in just one wash, you will notice the shine in your hairs. Also, it has a lower ph, which helps in cleansing your hair naturally without being harsh on your soft hairs.
Uses of Shikakai:
- For Shine and soft hairs.
- Promotes hair growth.
- Removes Dandruff naturally.
- Results in stronger, thicker hair.
How to use Shikakai:
1. As Hair wash:
- Shikakai is generally used along with Amla and Reetha to make natural shampoo.
- To prepare the shampoo, soak equal amount of amla, reetha, and shikakai pods in the water overnight and later boil it until pods soften.
- Filter the shampoo with help of a sieve and store the shampoo in a bottle and throw away the raw pieces of amla,reetha, and shikakai.
- Use this shampoo in place of regular shampoo and you will see marvelous results. Please note, this shampoo will not lather as your regular shampoo but will work much better and that too without being harsh on your hair and scalp.
2. As Hair oil
- Add one tablespoon of Shikakai powder to a half cup of coconut oil.
- Put the mixture in a container for a few weeks and shake it on regular basis.
- Use this oil 2-3 times a week and feel the results.
Common Names- raw ,Hindi: शिकाकाई, śikākāī; Kannada: ಸಿಗೆಕಾಯಿ; Tamil: சிகைக்காய் – literally “hair-fruit”, sigai=tresses and kaay=fruit; Shikkakai
Botanical Name- Acacia concinna