Pumpkin Seeds for eating | Superfood
Pumpkin seeds are nutritional powerhouses because they are an excellent source of protein, healthy fat, and beneficial fibers. These wonder seeds can be used as nutritional snacks for both men and women. They are ideal snacks because they fill your stomach for a longer duration. They suppress hunger pangs as every 100 grams provides about 560 calories and almost 50% of daily protein requirement. These seeds are the source of valuable nutrients like zinc, magnesium, manganese, copper, antioxidants, and phytosterols.
About our Pumpkin Seeds
Our Pumpkin seeds (pepita) are edible kernels of fruit pumpkin. The seeds, in fact, are concentrated sources of many health-benefiting vitamins, minerals, anti-oxidants, and essential amino acids such as tryptophan, and glutamate.
Here are some benefits of pumpkin seeds –
- Heart Friendly –These seeds contain monounsaturated fatty acids that help in lowering bad cholesterol and increase good cholesterol in the blood
- To Get a Sound Sleep – Pumpkin seeds contain Serotonin, a neurochemical, also known as nature’s sleeping pill. Eating a handful of these seeds before going to bed will help you sleep better.
- Anti-Inflammatory Benefits
- Builds Immunity – It contains high amounts of antioxidants and phytochemicals which ensure a good immune system and also it reduces the possibility of viral infections that may lead to cold, flu, fatigue and other ailments.
- Improves Prostrate Health – Pumpkin seeds reduce symptoms of benign prostate enlargement and an overactive bladder.
- A Boon for Diabetics – Pumpkin seeds help improve insulin regulation in diabetics and decrease oxidative stress. These seeds are a rich source of digestible protein that helps stabilize blood sugar levels.
- Helps in Losing Weight – They might look small but are very dense and heavy foods that help you keep satiated for a longer period. They are also high in fiber which takes longer for your body to digest, leaving you full, keeping you away from any craving.
- Helps in Hair Growth – Pumpkin seeds consist of cucurbitin, a unique amino that may be responsible for hair growth.
In addition, a 1-oz (28-gram) serving contains :
- Fiber: 1.7 grams.
- Carbs: 5 grams.
- Protein: 7 grams.
- Fat: 13 grams (6 of which are omega-6s).
- Vitamin K: 18% of the RDI.
- Phosphorous: 33% of the RDI.
- Manganese: 42% of the RDI.
- Magnesium: 37% of the RDI.
- Iron: 23% of the RDI.
- Zinc: 14% of the RDI.
- Copper: 19% of the RDI.
They also contain lots of antioxidants and a decent amount of polyunsaturated fatty acids, potassium, vitamin B2 (riboflavin) and folate.
How to Eat Pumpkin Seeds
1. You can eat them raw or try dry roasted seeds as a snack.
2. You can also use them in baking, garnish for soups and salads, or with granola.
Very fresh and tasty seeds
Very fine products
good quality. Thanks
The seeds are in good shape (not crushed or powdered). They also taste well.
Product is very good.
Quality is good
Very good quality but super expensive.
Awesome, keep up the good work