Reetha for Hair – Raw/Powder
Reetha is also a natural soap that is known for its medicinal properties with antibacterial, antifungal, and cleansing properties to treat hair problems. It also contains natural surfactant saponin which is also a foaming agent used in making soaps and shampoos.
- Prevents Dandruff – With antifungal and antibacterial properties, it is one of the best remedies for controlling dandruff.
- Drives away scalp parasites like lice – It contains antibacterial and antifungal properties which help in treating lice problems.
- Provide Softness and Shine to your hair – It contains natural surfactant saponin which helps in making your hair soft and shiny.
- Surfactant and Cleansing Agent – It has natural and amazing cleansing properties which is why it can be used for many cleaning purposes.
How to wash hair with Aritha nuts / Soap nuts
- Soak 4 – 5 Reetha nuts (for shoulder length hair) in boiling water overnight.
- You will find that its skin is loose and peeling now. Mash it with hands and you will see a lot of bubbles.
- Take more water if necessary and keep rinsing the Areetha till you reach the hard seed. Dispose of the seeds and the skin after removing all the pulp. You may filter this liquid to remove all gritty particles to avoid scratching your scalp with them.
- The water you now have might have foam on top.
- Apply this liquid to the scalp little by little and gently rub. It might not foam like shampoo but is an excellent cleanser. There is no need to rub the scalp too hard. Then wash your hair thoroughly.
Common Names: God’s natural soap, Chinese Soapberry, North Indian soapnut, Washing nuts, Ritha, Rishtak, Phenil.