Dye Black your Hair Naturally
Hair Dyes available in the market are made up of chemicals which often damages your hair. Longer use of these hair dyes are not only harmful to your hair and are also fatal for your general health. They cause problems such as hair loss, split ends, thinning of hair, discoloration of natural color, allergies.
Indigo leaves powder (also known as Neela Patta) along with Henna leaves powder(Mehandi) have been used since ages to dye black your hair naturally. Indigo leaves are 100% natural and are safe to use.
How to use Henna and Indigo to dye hair dark black?
In order to dye black the hair naturally, we have to follow a two-step process.
Step One (Henna treating the Hair):
In step one we still Henna treat the Hairs. To Henna treat the hair, follow the steps below:
- Add 4 teaspoons of Attar Ayurveda Henna Leaves powder to water.
- Churn this mixture to make a thick consistent paste that sticks to your hair properly.
- Leave this mixture to rest for 3-4 hours.
- Apply the henna paste to your hair and leave it for 2 hours.
- After two hours wash and dry your hair properly.
Henna treating your hair will make your hair look reddish. All your white hair will become red imparting a beautiful shine to your hair. Now we have to follow step two to make your Hair dark black in color.
Step Two (Finally Applying Indigo leaves powder):
In Step two, we will apply Indigo leaves powder to the Hair. Applying Indigo to Henna treated hair will make your hair dark black in color. Follow the steps below to apply Indigo to the hair properly.
- Add an equal amount i.e. 4 teaspoons of Attar Ayurveda Indigo powder to warm water and churn it to make a thick consistent paste of it. Note: Please make sure that you use the same amount of Indigo powder as the Henna powder used. If you have used henna amount different than recommended above, make sure you add the same amount of Indigo powder.
- Cover this mixture with polythene or plate to cut the contact of the paste with air and leave it to rest for 10-15 minutes. The reason for covering the paste is that the Indigo paste dries very quickly when comes in contact with air. After 10-15 minutes the color of paste will become dark blue or black.
- Apply this paste to your hair for 2 hours with the help of a brush or your hands. As soon as you apply the paste to your hair wear the shower cap, to preventing drying of paste.
- Wash and dry your hair with water. Please make sure not to apply shampoo on the day of application as it will hinder the process of coloring. You have to shampoo your hair a minimum of 2 days later after dying.
- Oil your hair after drying them.
You will see that your hair is dark black in color. The black color of your hair will get even darker after two days of the application. Also, your hair will feel very smooth, silky, and shiny after application. Apart from only the looks, henna and Indigo are also good for hair health.
Though it was a cumbersome process than simply dying your hair black with Artificial chemical dye, it is totally worth it.
How does this pack work?
The pack contains two ingredients, Henna Leaves, and Indigo Leaves powder. Henna Leaves powder imparts a reddish color to your hair and Indigo imparts blueish color. When the indigo powder is applied to the Henna treated hair which are red, the red and blue turns into black.