Malkangni – Jyotishmati – Celastrus Paniculatus benefits and uses
Malkangni is also known as Jyotishmati.
Malkangani is a climber shrub and is found all over India especially in Madhya Pradesh, Punjab, and Kashmir. It is a natural herb and belongs to kingdom Plantae and Celastraceae family. Its botanical name is Celastrus Paniculatus. Known as ‘Deng You Teng’ in Chinese, Malkangni is an ayurvedic herb full of benefits and may have a pungent smell with brown color.
Benefits of Malkangni
- Improving memory (स्मृति में सुधार)
- Act as brain tonic
- Relieves headache ( सिरदर्द से राहत )
- Enhances grasping power
- Curing loss of appetite ( भूख की हानि )
- Stimulates heart, improves cardiac output; therefore useful in bradycardia and edema
- Acts as a diuretic
- Skin disorders (त्वचा संबंधी विकार)
How to Use:
Eat about 3 – 5 seeds of Jyotishmati every morning.
लगभग 3-5 मालकांगनी बीज हर सुबह खाएं।
Malkangni has no reported side-effects.