Stevia Leaf (Dried)
Stevia is a plant leaf which is highly sweet in nature and does not increase the blood sugar level, hence is used by many diabetic patients for sweetening their dishes. Use fresh stevia leaves as a sweetener in beverages, such as tea and lemonade, or in sauces. Add stevia leaves to beverages or foods as a sweet, edible garnish.
Also, stevia imparts zero calories to the diet hence is also used by many people as a replacement for sugar.
How to use Stevia leaves?
- Use dry stevia leaves to make a powdered sweetener.
- Fill a blender, food processor or coffee grinder to half full with dry leaves and process at high speed for a few seconds.
- Store the powdered sweetener in an airtight container.
- Use the powder in recipes that call for a sweetener, but make adjustments in the amount used due to its dense sweetness.
- A general rule of thumb is that 2 tablespoons of stevia powder equal 1 cup of sugar.