Chasku – Chaksu
It is a wonderful remedy for bringing down blood pressure to normal levels. Grind 2 – 3 mg of Chasku seeds and make a fine powder. Soak the powder overnight and the next day, strain the liquid to remove the coarse particles. Drink this liquid once or twice a day and bring your BP to normal levels effortlessly.
Chasku leaves and seeds are used in the treatment of anemia, asthma, and hiccups. The seed extract is used to purify blood and to treat mucous disorders. A decoction of the seeds is used to treat certain eye diseases. The baked, powdered seed kernels are used in the treatment of ophthalmia. The bitter, astringent leaves are used as a purgative and as a remedy for coughs, asthma and bronchitis. Application of the powdered leaves is reported to heal venereal ulcers and haemorrhoids. They are used as a cathartic in cases of habitual, and for the treatment of ringworm, venereal ulcers and other skin diseases, for relieving pains, headache, leucoderma, haemorrhoids and as an anthelmintic.
It is also very helpful in urinary tract disorders and acts as diuretic. It also helps in avoiding the loose stool and binds the digested material. It finds its application when it is used locally. Its alkaline nature helps in the scrapping of the extended skin. It is very effective in skin related problems. In the Unani System of Medicine, the plant forms a constituent of a compound drug used to treat leprosy. It is also helpful in reducing body fats. It is also helpful in the elimination of poison from the body.
- Eye lotions are prepared using Chasku seeds.
- The same oil can be used for curing many skin diseases.
- It is an effective home remedy for treating urinary bladder problems.
- These seeds are highly effective in treating common cough.
- You can get rid of ringworms by mixing the seed paste in oil and applying it directly over the affected area.
- Pus formation and watering of eyes and many other eye infections are treated with Chasku seed based medicines.
- Treating wounds and sores with Chasku seeds is very common in the various parts of India.
- Diuretic formulations are prepared by using this wonderful herbal plant seeds.
- It is an effective herbal treatment for eye ailments such as trachoma, ulcers, cataract and polyps.