Why Moringa Tree is known as the ‘Miracle Tree’?
Because every part of that tree such as leaves, bark, seeds, fruit, pod, roots, sap, and oil has medicinal properties.
Moringa oleifera is also known as drum stick tree is mainly used for medicinal purposes because it provides many health benefits.
It is a plant-based superfood that is rich in nutrients. It has:
- 6 times more potassium than a banana
- 9 times more iron than spinach
- 14 times more calcium than milk
- 2 times more vitamin A than carrot.
Moringa Powder Benefits:
Why is moringa powder good for you?The Health benefits of moringa are listed below:
- May Lower Blood Sugar Level – It helps in insulin secretion in pancreatic beta cells and also decreases insulin resistance. People dealing with the problem of high blood sugar levels have risks of other health problems which include heart diseases.
- Lowers Cholesterol Levels – High cholesterol levels may lead to heart diseases. Studies have shown that consuming moringa can help in lowering cholesterol levels.
3. Helps in Asthma – Moringa helps in reducing the severity of asthma symptoms and improves lung functions in adults. It has antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties which help reduce inflammation in bronchial tubes.
4. Improves Skin and Hair Health – It has plenty of antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties which help improve the health of skin and hair. The antioxidants present in moringa help reduce fine lines and wrinkles on your skin. It also strengthens the hair follicles, improves the skin tone, and is good for acne-prone skin.
5. Protects the Liver – It has anti-inflammatory properties that help reduce inflammation and liver damage. Moringa helps in restoring liver enzymes which helps in detoxifying blood, producing bile, and fights infections.
6. May Reduce Inflammation – We can say that inflammation is the body’s natural response to injury or infection. It contains isothiocyanates which is an anti-inflammatory compound that helps in reducing inflammation.
7. Helps Treat Edema – Edema is a condition in which swelling occurs when excess fluid is trapped in body tissues. But moringa contains anti-inflammatory properties that prevent edema from growing.
8. Improves Digestion – Moringa leaf powder contains antibiotic, anti-microbial, and anti-bacterial properties. It also contains a good amount of fiber that helps prevent digestion-related problems. It also contains a high amount of B vitamins. These B vitamins help treat problems such as constipation, gastritis, ulcerative colitis.
9. Kidney Stones – It contains a high amount of antioxidants which will help in reducing toxicity levels in the kidney. It lowers the deposition of calcium and oxalate in the kidneys and prevents the formation of kidney stones.
10. Improves Bone Health – Moringa is rich in calcium, phosphorus, and has anti-inflammatory properties that help in conditions like arthritis and problems related to bones.
11. Breastfeeding – It might be helpful in increasing breast milk production. It contains galactagogue that increases the level of prolactin hormone in women. This increases the flow of mother’s milk.
12. Arsenic Toxicity – Arsenic is a natural semi-metallic chemical found in soil, groundwater, rocks, and consuming it can cause major health complications. Long-term exposure to arsenic can increase the risk of heart diseases and cancer. Some studies have proven that moringa can help in preventing the effects of arsenic.
13. May Help in Weight Loss – It contains an antioxidant called chlorogenic acid which helps in burning body fat and also maintains blood sugar levels. It is also a good source of fiber which helps in making you feel full and maintains calorie intake.
14. Improve Heart Health – Moringa helps in lowering bad cholesterol levels and reduces the risk of heart diseases. It improves the flow of blood in the body and prevents the deposition of bad cholesterol in the blood vessels.
15. Increases Body Strength – Moringa contains many essential nutrients such as protein, vitamins, minerals, calcium, iron which are very helpful in improving strength, and building and repairing muscles.
16. Good for Nervous System – Moringa contains a high amount of vitamin A, C which help in improving brain function and combats neural degeneration. Consuming moringa might stabilize the production of serotonin and dopamine. It will help in dealing with migraine, depression, anxiety, and also improve memory.
Uses for Moringa Powder:
There are many ways through which you can consume moringa powder:
- A simple way to consume it:
- Take ¼- ½ tablespoon of powder
- Consume moringa powder with warm water or honey.
- You can consume it during lunch or dinner
- Or you can also consume it in the morning on an empty stomach.
- You can also SPRINKLE it on salad, eggs, pasta, risotto
- Add this powder while BAKING brownies, muffins, cookies
- You can also STIR it in soups, dips, sauces, casseroles, stews
- BLEND it in smoothies, ice cream, juices
- SHAKE it after adding this powder to apple juice, coconut water
- Pregnancy – It is safe to use the leaves of the moringa tree. But there isn’t enough evidence to know if other parts of the tree-like bark, roots, and flowers are safe to use during pregnancy. Barks, roots, flowers of the tree contain chemicals that can make your uterus contract. Avoid consuming them.
- Breast-Feeding – Sometimes it is also used to increase the production of breast milk. It is safe for the mother to consume moringa for the short term. But there is not enough evidence that the moringa is safe for the nursing infant. In that case, please avoid consumption during breastfeeding.
- Children – It is safe to consume moringa leaf or moringa leaf powder on a short-term basis for at least 2 months.
This content is available for informational and educational purposes only. It does not make any representation or warranties about the accuracy, applicability, fitness, or completeness of the content.
This content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment.
Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health providers with any questions you may have about a medical condition.