Kutki is well known Ayurveda herb for centuries. It is useful for liver detoxification, weight management, diabetes and much more. It is also known Katuka in Hindi, Picrorrhiza in English
Benefits of Kutki
- It helps in Detoxification of liver, blood and GI tract
- It strengthens your liver
- Maintains blood sugar level
- Helps with allergies and asthma
- Reduces inflammation
- Help to Increases the digestive fire (Agni) with Boosts your metabolism
- Useful in weight-loss therapy (Obesity)
- It boosts your immunity
- It is herbal antibiotic
- Treats fever
- Benefits skin disorders such as eczema and psoriasis
- Cures constipation
How to use Kutki?
- For Liver Detoxification: Take 3 Grams of Kutki with 1 tablespoon of honey. Take 3 times daily with meals.
- For High Blood Sugar: Take equal amount of kutki and turmeric (Haldi). Take 5 grams of this mixture with warm water before each meal
- For Clear Skin: Take 1 tsp of Tikta Ghrita melted in 1/2 cup of hot water. Take first thing each morning on an empty stomach. If available, add 1.5 Grams of Picrorrhiza and 1.5 Grams of Turmeric for added benefit.
- For Asthma and Allergies: Take 3 Grams Turmeric, 3 Grams of Ginger and 1.5 Grams of Kutki. Mix it with honey and 1/4 cup of warm water. Take 3 times daily after meals.
- For Arthritis: Take 1.5 Grams Picrorrhiza, 3 Grams Ginger and 1 tablespoon of Castor Oil. Mix all with warm water and take before bed each night.
How Kutki Works?
- Due to it Tikta (Bitter) rasa it detoxifies your liver and helps in blood purification, Which also helps to get you clean and clear skin
- Due to its laghu guna, it helps in digestion and increases your appetite, as we all know the root of all disease is the bad digestion
- It contains Apocynin which has Anti-Inflammatory actions which help in asthma and allergies
- It contains Cucurbitacins which have Anti-tumour activity.
Contraindications / Precautions
- Because of its purgative action in higher doses, it should be very carefully used.
- Do not use it if you are suffering from diarrhea.
- Low dosage should be given to children
- It is not recommended during pregnancy